Friday, December 2, 2016

My Substance

I spent most of my life carrying baggage that did not belong to me.
Holding on to the weight of others negativity and insecurity. 
I allowed others,
Who felt poorly about themselves 
To label me.
And then, one day- I woke up
And realized 
I was not who they said I was
I was who God says I am
When I was made in secret
and skillfully wroth in the lowest parts of the earth,
His eyes saw my substance, my value being yet unformed
He looked on me
Took notice of me
And approved 
In his book are my days written and fashioned
For it is He who formed my inward parts
Covering, protecting, approving of me
Nestled in the womb of my mother
I am 
Yes I am fearfully and wonderfully made
Created by the master
and valued as one of His beloved masterpieces
I am
I am complete because of the one who completed me.
Because of the one who created and saw my substance
The who, what, when and why
And said, she's good
 very good.

Scripture reference:

Psalm 139:13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment